Sign up now for Powerful Tools for Caregivers classes!
The ARK provides your family with hope and relief when someone you love is living with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory disorders. Our goal is to preserve dignity, respect individual self worth, and help people with memory problems continue to be a part of their community. You are the reason we exist! Our caregivers are as much a priority as the person with the disease. Join our family!
1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia.*
*Alzheimer’s Association, March 2013
- Adult Respite Care: Programs are offered in Summerville (Monday-Thursday).
- Support Groups: Caregivers learn coping skills through sharing with each other.
- Caregiver Consultation: THE ARK’s staff partners with families to allow the person with memory problems to live a quality life at home as independently as possible.
- Lunch & Learn Program: THE ARK partners with area businesses and industries to assist employees who also serve as caregivers.
- The NOAH Project: THE ARK mentors underserved areas in developing Alzheimer’s support services tailored to meet each community’s unique needs.
The ARK needs volunteers to assist with our respite program and events!
Our volunteers are good neighbors from all walks of life who step forward to share their time, talents, and skills in service of others. Training is provided, but what is really needed is patience, dependability, a good sense of humor, and enthusiasm. Volunteer hours can be flexible. The ARK’s Respite Program operates from about 9 AM – 2 PM Monday through Thursday in Summerville; it is a club-like atmosphere and a place of joy where our members come to socialize and have fun. We also need help with events like Dancing with The ARK’s Stars (March) and Race for The ARK (August), as well as educational events and caregiver classes. In addition, if you have a special skill, talent, or professional expertise to share, The ARK welcomes your help.
If you’d like to sign up or arrange a visit to The ARK to determine if volunteering is right for you, please fill out the volunteer interest form by clicking HERE, or contact our office at (843) 832-2357.